Though Natalie said the space museum in McMinnville is "cooler", I have to disagree. It was so fun taking the kids to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum and sharing historical stories with them. They learned about Neil Armstrong and Amelia Earhart...saw the Apollo Lunar Spacecraft (incredible) . Their favorite plane of all was the Spirit of St. Louis because they have read and watched movies about it with Grandpa Jonsey...so of course they had to pose in front of it (see below!)
Per requests, I am posting some pics of the apartment too. We still have 1/2 of the living room filled with boxes of the woman who we are borrowing from, so as soon as she picks them up I will make a video tour for y'all! We also have an obnoxious TV system. I have never had more than 15 channels, so even the Comcast remote freaks me out and I can't even figure out how to turn it on sometimes (but I'm not complaining because I will get to watch Walking Dead and The Daily Show on the day they are shown!).
Instead of a gym membership I decided to get a bike trainer for my road bike (excited pic below!)...I figure I can workout with John Stewart...cool.
Steve started work yesterday and got a tour of the Library of Congress today. He's carrying an umbrella now (black to match is new black suits, of course). We are missing him around but I'm figuring out all of the fun local parks, ice cream shops and bus system to fill my time. Natalie gets to meet her teacher, Mrs. Adams, at 2nd grade orientation tomorrow. She's also pretty psyched that she gets a LOCKER!
All is good except the pool closes on Labor Day so I'm trying to get the last bit of my tan before the dark days of winter!
(not sure why I can't put my pics in order from my phone...so enjoy the assortment!)
Cheers!










Super cool! Nattie would say anything is better in the PNW right now than what is in her new environment lol. We want to send a care package with something special that somehow got swooped up in our move...and some other fun things from our adventures here in NorCal. We miss you all! Thanks for the updates and pics!!
ReplyDeleteThe G Fam
Reid: Your apartment is really cool! And Javier says "hi". And also, sweet TV!
ReplyDeleteCharlie: I wish I could live in your apartment for 91 years. I miss you.
Turns out I bought the same sheets for my college bed that Sawyer has... Haha.
ReplyDelete