Our family is embarking on a new journey of living in Washington DC for the 2012-13 school year. Steve has been awarded a fellowship at the National Science Foundation and the whole family agreed to make it an adventure in the city. Let the memories be made....
Sunday, August 26, 2012
Figuring it out...
ZipCars. Metro. City Bus. Walking shoes. New cement-worthy running shoes....and new kids light-up Razor scooters. Figuring out how to navigate this city without a car has been our newest challenge today. We found the essentials: Natalie's school, Target, water park, White House... So I think we are all set. Natalie and I took a 3 hour tour of the beltway today, drove to Maryland and stocked up on necessities like cute duvet covers and cutting boards at Ikea. (Yes, Brian Cassidy, Maryland drivers suck) I wish people would quit beeping at me, because this Bellingham girl thinks there is an emergency when I here a car horn! So annoying! We also got to meet PEOPLE tonight at the first Einstein Fellow BBQ. We drove through the heart of DC to a family's home. It was dreamy being around other kids and interesting adults for the first time in a week. Tomorrow we begin registering Natty for 2nd grade and have our last playday with Dad before he starts work on Tuesday. It's all falling into place well! Below are a few pics of our first ZipCar drive (in a Leta-car "Mazda 3"...kids were stoked), Steve's big round chair experience, and the kids on our deck with their new city transportation scooters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 Comments: 1) Aunt Jenny wants a razor scooter for when I visit (seriously). 2) Your round chair is HUGE!!
ReplyDelete