Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

What the....?

So as we start to settle into a routine one of my goals is to be a bit more reflective and thoughtful on my blog instead of just creating a running commentary of the new things we see in a city. I have never considered myself a good writer, so this will be a reflective process for me personally a well ( and give me something to do ). HOWEVER, before I attempt to get more in touch with my journalist side, I really need to just ask WHAT THE HECK?...about a few of the things I have experienced and seen here that really are strange...then, my next entry will try to be more reflective! :)

What the heck?...

1. Why do all the pools and sprinkler parks close on Labor Day? ( today, dammit!). It is supposed to be 90 degrees and humid for the next 10 days at least. This has been my sole source of relaxation (and my belly has started to get tan) and my kids are in complete happiness when in water. I just don't understand or agree with this schedule.

2. Seriously, how do these women wear heels like these all day? And those manicured toe nails?!! Wow...I am guessing most don't wear bike shoes on the weekends.

3. What is with the wine, tortilla, and soy milk selections...or should I say lack there of? Ugh. (below is a picture of the entire wine selection at the biggest store in all of the Ballston neighborhood...Haggen, you go girl!)

4. I have seen ONE Subaru since I have been here. ONE!! ...and it didn't have a rack on top.

5. Escalators. Why do my kid's legs get black every time they ride and escalator? Huh?

I have attached a few other photos too...I am also trying to become a better photographer (like everyone with an iphone...thank you, instagram) so bear with my retro color-schemed pics!

(pics: Steve's new commuter single speed bike, damn escalator, pathetic wine selection, Natty relaxing)

No comments:

Post a Comment