Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

One month down...10 more to go.

It's pretty incredible we have already been on the east coast for a month! So much has happened and it feels like a million months ago I was saying goodbye to everyone I love in Bellingham.  I figure we are 1/11th complete with this adventure. The honeymoon-phase is over and so the adjustment to "normal" life is daily challenging but rewarding.  Natalie is feeling normalcy with her school schedule and Sawyer and I are making routine activities each week (ex: Thursday is DC museum day because the storytellers at the American Indian museum are a must each week). The kids started their Judo "Mighty Dragons" class which they will do together 3 times a week at Northern Virginia MMA. This will not only be good for them, but Steve and I will get almost an hour together 3x a week to run (or get a beer) or do the Crossfit class.  We get their Judo-gis (judo outfits) today, so I will make sure to post a bunch of pics of the little badasses with them on.  I started swimming again and found an informal master's team that meets three (early 5:30am) mornings a week at the incredible high school pool a mile away.  It is always a nice treat to know that swimming is something I can always feel comfortable doing in my life...swim practices are pretty much the same everywhere. 

Steve has been in Las Vegas for the last 2 days at a conference, so I added a picture of his week below too. 

We miss you all!!  If any Bellingham kids need a pen pal or writing practice, our address is:
850 N. Randolph St. Apt. 1334
Arlington, VA 22203 
(They would LOVE to hear from anyone)

Sawyer's green curry cooking lesson.

5:30 am (yawn) off to swim practice in the dark on my bike! Back in the pool for the first time in 7.5 years!

Just before the first Judo "Mighty Dragon's" class. Ya wonder who is most nervous?

VEGAS, BABY!
My favorite little high rise guy off to explore the city! 


1 comment: