"Cooking should be a carefully balanced reflection of all the good things of the earth." Jean & Pierre Troisgros
Most of the last few days the conversation on TV, internet, bus stop, etc. has been about the tragedy in Connecticut. I have tried mostly to avoid listening or talking about the horrors the families and community so unfairly have encountered, but of course as a mom, my heart aches and I can't help but think of those who are suffering. I have tried to keep life as normal as possible, while bringing out the best of season with my two cute, adorable and perfect (most of the time) kids. We made cookies, made cookie deliveries to our friends in the apartment building, downloaded Christmas music (Blake Shelton...Natalie's new favorite singer), decorated our mini-tree and have done our best to get into the Christmas spirit! It is weird not having anyone around, or visiting anyone, for the holidays. We miss our friends and family in Washington (hence, the cookies below) and Oregon (no Oregon cookie cutters...sorry), but are looking forward to a low-key stress-free holiday this year. This is the first year that Steve has had to work during the holidays, EVER, so we aren't doing too much. We decided instead of traveling at X-mas, to go to the Great Wolf Lodge over Natalie and my birthday weekend to let the kids go totally crazy for two days...which is much needed when you live in an apartment building.
We are wishing everyone a great holiday season! Here are some pictures of our happy holiday preparations!
 |
| Our (mini) Danish Christmas Tree all decked out for the holidays! Natalie made the Danish flags that we always drape on our tree at home. Cute! |
 |
| Holiday cookies galore! |
 |
| Free kid at the bus stop! |
 |
| Nothing crazier than taking my 7 year old holiday clothes shopping and letting her pick out outfits for me to try on...I guess I shouldn't have even gone into WetSeal...wild! Now I know... |
 |
| Check it out! |
 |
| New winter hat and hair color...feeling festive! |
 |
| Steve found an "all-you-can-eat crab dinner" (in the mall). I am now, more than ever, thankful for the yummy crab we have in the Pacific Northwest. |
 |
| Our "We Love Bellingham, WA" holiday cookies! We look crafty! |
 |
| Our second home here in Arlington. |
 |
| Hot chocolate with a peppermint-star-marshmallow...that's the way to celebrate the holiday season! |
 |
| I just can't stop taking pictures of this kid! He's so cute.... |
 |
| Our Melting Snowman Cookies...courtesy of Grandma JoJo! We loved decorating these little guys. Once again, they make me look crafty! |
 |
| Natalie came home from a birthday party with her face professionally painted...parents set the bar pretty high here for birthday parties...how lovely. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment