Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Free fun is good!

The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of Life really takes place.

 We are trying each week to make sure we do incredible things...which is not very hard in this city.  This week's adventures included two trips to Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Island on the Potomac where we found great running and hiking trails.  This island is not that far off from the kids' judo studio so Steve and I can once in a while get a trail run in!  That was certainly a good find.  Sawyer and I wandered down to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for another history lesson...he was pretty excited to get pictures there.   Steve got the chance to visit Baltimore this week so the kids and I went to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts to watch an international magic show as a part of Kids Euro Festival 2012. This was certainly the highlight of the week for me....nothing compares to getting on a subway outside my door, making the short walk to an amazing cultural event and riding home...FREE.  This place is truly amazing and we are trying to make every day special.  Tomorrow we are off to the French Embassy for an art lesson and puppet show....aaaah!!! This is soooo cooool!   PS: Steve and I also are now involved in sports that include boxing gloves...this year is so very different and I am loving it!
Worn out kids after another trip to the National Zoo. 
Another memorable field trip with Teacher Mom. 
How we roll.
Me and Natty at the JFK Center for the Performing Arts...our first visit of hopefully many!
"Kids Crossing the Potomac" circa 2012
My new gear that I never would have thought I'd own...and I love it!
Steve and TR on TR Island...we finally found trails to run on.
JFK Center before the show.
Kids with Teddy.
Kids dressed up for the show...Teddy Roosevelt Island and Georgetown in the background.
Night out!
Proud kids who earned more Judo stripes for their belts.

No comments:

Post a Comment